We are looking for a plasma physicist to join our staff in support our new ARPA-E contract on the Princeton Field Reversed Configuration (PFRC) experiment.
Candidates should be interested in both theoretical and experimental work in plasma physics related to nuclear fusion power generation. Familiarity with low- and high-temperature plasma diagnostics is desirable. Background on any magnetic fusion device is also desirable. The position includes:
- Help run experiments on the PFRC-2 (located at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory) and analyze data.
- Analytical and numerical work, including MHD simulations and PiC simulations.
- Numerical modeling of plasmas.
- Work in other areas at PSS including control, estimation, machine learning and orbit dynamics.
- Programming in MATLAB, Python and C/C++.
- Write proposals and come up with new topics for proposals including SBIR and STTR proposals.
- Ph.D in plasma physics (may be a recent or 2019 grad)
- Must be a US citizen.