Our Fusion Energy Toolbox provides functions for analyzing fusion reactor designs. Compute key plasma physics, collision and confinement times, fusion and loss powers. Analyze the levelized cost of electricity for a projected reactor.
Analyze magnet systems including mutual inductance of arrays of magnets; size LTS or HTS magnets to meet field or current needs.
With our Fusion Propulsion Add-On module, study straight-line trajectories to deep space destinations, or study planetary departure and insertion for high-Isp systems. Example missions for Mars, Pluto, the solar gravitational lens (>600 AU), and Alpha Centauri.
Contact us for a quote!
|Brayton||Brayton cycles and turbomachinery|
|Economics||Cost of fuel and electricity|
|EngineDesign||Reactor parameter reporting|
|Magnets||Magnet sizing energy methods and field for current|
|PlasmaPhysics||Plasma frequencies, reaction energies, cross-sections, etc|
|Reactor||0-D fusion power models, divertors|
|RFSystem||Amplifier and inductor models|
|RMF||Rotating magnetic fields|
|Shielding||Neutron and X-ray attenuation|
|Transport||Confinement, collisions and equilibration|
- NRL Plasma Formulary, Office of Naval Research, 2016
- McNally, “Physics of Fusion Fuel Cycles,” Nuclear Technology/Fusion, Vol. 2, Jan 1982
- Hugrass, W. N., and R. C. Grimm. “A Numerical Study of the Generation of an Azimuthal Current in a Plasma Cylinder Using a Transverse Rotating Magnetic Field.” Journal of Plasma Physics 26, no. 3 (December 1981): 455-464. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022377800010849
- M.J. Schaffer, “Considerations for Steady-State FRC-Based Fusion Space Propulsion”, General Atomics GA-A23579, Dec. 2000.
- Dawson, J. M., “Advanced Fusion Reactors,” Fusion, Teller, E. Editor, Academic Press, 1981.